[phenixbb] Cutting out a fragment from cryoEM map

Tom Terwilliger tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Tue May 14 08:48:21 PDT 2019

Hi Sunandan,

If you make a dummy model that covers the region that you want to cut out
then you can use map_box to cut out that part of the density.

All the best,
Tom T

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 9:02 AM Sunandan Mukherjee <smukherjee at genesilico.pl>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to build an RNA model using cryo-EM density. The structure is of
> a protein-RNA complex and the map consists regions with protein
> subunits. Is it possible to separate the portion of the map which
> represents the RNA only?
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Sunandan
>
> --
> Sunandan Mukherjee (PhD)
> Research Assistant
> Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering
> International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB)
> ul. Ks. Trojdena 4, 02-109 ​Warsaw, Poland

Thomas C Terwilliger
Laboratory Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Senior Scientist, New Mexico Consortium
100 Entrada Dr, Los Alamos, NM 87544
Email: tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Tel: 505-431-0010