[phenixbb] phasing high(er) resolution anomalous difference maps with low resolution phases

Guenter Fritz guenter.fritz at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Mar 13 12:29:20 PDT 2014

Hi Todd,

we had a similar case but  smaller (100 x 150 x 120, 70 Se-met) . With
phases from heavy atom clusters at 5-6 A  I did not get the Se
positions. However, when we used a 'crude' alpha helix model as input
for phenix.phaser rigid body refinement with the Se-met data we got 90%
of the Se-met sites and very good phases. My Se-met data were just 4 A.
Best, Guenter