[phenixbb] Adding multiple conformers beyond 4

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 15 10:22:36 PDT 2009

Hi Ben,

to allow so I will have to slightly change the code... I went through
the whole PDB and did not find any item that has more than 3 or 4
conformers (at the moment of coding this). So that made my choice for
that temporary limitation of max=4 conformers (putting aside a number of
cases of abusing altlocs to mimic multiple models MODEL-ENDMDL).
Unfortunately, nothing is so permanent as temporary, so we have 4 since
that -:)

May I ask you: why you need to have more than 4 conformers? If it is
really a bottleneck and stops you from doing something important right
now, I can go ahead and fix it.

Pavel.