[phenixbb] Adding multiple conformers beyond 4

George Phillips phillips at biochem.wisc.edu
Tue Sep 15 10:58:17 PDT 2009

Pavel,

Ben and I are here now, so here is your response from both of us.

We are trying to do complete ensemble refinements like we used to do
with CNS.  8 or even 16 (or more)copies of the whole protein tends to
give the best R-free. See the article below.

We can recompile if you tell us what needs to be changed (or give us
some clues where to look), but we need a lot more than four.  Clearly
this is not the normal use of this feature, but it works.  We are
getting drops in Rfree from your test examples in phenix even with four.

Levin et al.  Structure, 15: 1040 (2007).

George N. Phillips, Jr., Ph.D.
Professor of Biochemistry and of
      Computer Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Madison