[phenixbb] Problems with sharpening in Autosharpen

Carlos HENRIQUE FERNANDES carlos.henrique_fernandes at sorbonne-universite.fr
Fri May 21 07:49:44 PDT 2021

Dear all,

I am facing some problems with sharpening in Autosharpen.
My current map is about 3.2 Å resolution, which I obtained after CTF-Refinement and Polishing in Relion.
When I use Autosharpen in default parameters, it tells me that are applied an overall Bsharp applied of 220.34 and a final Biso of 87.42; but very little sharpening is done; I was unable to observe a typical helices sharpening at this value of resolution.
I did some tests setting progressive Bsharp values (240; 260; 280; 300), but I am still unable to visualize a typical helices sharpening.
Has anyone had problems like that? Any tips?
Thanks in advance,
Carlos.