[phenixbb] Improvement of low resolution MR phases

John R Helliwell jrhelliwell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 01:13:55 PDT 2021

Dear Tommi,
I have thought before about this kind of case, of 5 to 6 Angstrom resolution diffraction, namely that the molecular transform must increase again at higher resolution, say 2 1/2 Angstrom, at which therefore the measurable intensity would increase enough to maybe be above background.
To check this go back to your diffraction images and integrate to, say, 2Angstrom. Does the <I/sigI> show the increase at around 2 1/2 Angstrom resolution?
Obviously if you do have those higher resolution data measurable then matters improve all round.
Greetings,
John

Emeritus Professor John R Helliwell DSc