[phenixbb] [ccp4bb] missing covalent bond between asparagine and N-acetylglucosamine using coot carbohydrate module and phenix.refine

David Briggs david.briggs at crick.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 23:11:35 PDT 2021

Hi Jiang Xu,

(Phenixbb added as I suspect this is Phenix not coot that has caused your issue)

Did you check the "add hydrogens" button in Phenix.refine? Sometimes this can erroneously add a second H to the ND of glycosylated Asn residues. (I assume this is because bond distances in the input PDB file fall outside Phenix's definitions of an Asn-NAG link).

If the second H is added, this breaks the refinement of the Asn-NAG bond.

My work around is to run "Ready Set" to add hydrogens as a separate job, and then manually inspect and correct the Asn residues as necessary before running Phenix.refine and _not_ checking the "add hydrogens" box.

I hope this fixes your problem.

Good luck,

Dave

--