[phenixbb] Using AutoBuild to Complete a Model

Whitley, Matthew J mjw100 at pitt.edu
Mon Aug 16 23:15:46 PDT 2021

Hello all,

I have a very large protein with 16 copies in the asymmetric unit (nearly 15,000 total residues).  Upon initial model building, ~30 residues at the N-terminus of each identical chain were not built.  After building the reliable parts of the model and filling in other gaps and then refining that partial (but nearly complete) model, the N-terminal density has now improved to the degree that I can manually build a number of the missing residues in Coot.  However, that means manually building the same series of residues over and over for each of the 16 identical chains.  Is there a way to get AutoBuild to add these N-terminal residues for me to spare me the tedium of repetitive manual building?

What I’ve gleaned from the documentation so far: