[phenixbb] Phenix and Coot v0.9

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Mon Sep 14 16:09:42 PDT 2020

Hi Mirek,

I tracked down the problem. For ccp4-7.1 on macOS, the coot path should be
/Applications/ccp4-7.1/bin/coot, not the one in
/Applications/ccp4-7.1/coot.app/Contents/MacOS/coot. The current workaround
is to manually specify the path in the GUI preferences -> Graphics -> Coot
path. If you have ccp4-7.1 installed in another location, just replace
/Applications with that location. I have verified that this should work on
macOS 10.15.6 with ccp4-7.1 by restoring an old phenix.refine job and
displaying the model and maps in Coot 0.9 EL (ccp4). I'll be updating
Phenix to use /Applications/ccp4-7.1/bin/coot if it is available.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging