[phenixbb] How to generate LLG map

Randy Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 26 01:34:35 PDT 2020

Dear Afshan,

If you were designing an experiment to find S atoms with their anomalous signal, you definitely wouldn’t choose to do it with a wavelength of 1A, because the f” is pretty low.  Nonetheless, if you have really excellent data collected with a wavelength of 1A (high signal-to-noise, achieved either because you have high redundancy or the crystal diffracts particularly strongly or preferably both), there will be a detectable signal.  Just try the calculation and see what you get!  If there are Cys and/or Met residues in your protein, you have a positive control for S atom sites that you should find, to compare to the potential sulfate sites.

Randy

-----
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research     Tel: +44 1223 336500
The Keith Peters Building                               Fax: +44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                                       E-mail: rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                              www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk