[phenixbb] postdoctoral position at the Institute for Protein Innovation in Boston, USA

Christopher Bahl chris.bahl at proteininnovation.org
Wed Jul 29 06:44:42 PDT 2020

The Bahl Lab <http://function-structure.org/> at the Institute for Protein
Innovation (IPI) in Boston is recruiting Postdoctoral Fellows. We use
protein design to accelerate drug discovery and to engineer new lead
therapeutic molecules. In addition to traditional academic collaborations,
we work closely with pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as
venture capital firms.

We are looking for translationally-minded scientists who want their work to
have a direct impact on the world. We will provide training in
computational protein design using Rosetta, including de novo protein
design and the design of protein function and biophysical properties.
Postdoctoral Fellows at IPI leverage our high-throughput automated
laboratory infrastructure.

We are especially excited to expand our work in the following research
areas:

   -

   prediction and design of protein developability for therapeutic
   applications
   -

   engineering of de novo miniprotein/peptide lead therapeutics for
   oncology, infectious disease, hypertension and diabetes, etc.
   -

   antibody design, including de novo paratope design
   -

   enzyme design

Strong candidates will have demonstrated expertise in one or more of the
following:

   -

   protein biochemistry: protein production and biophysical
   characterization, enzymology
   -

   structural biology: cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, NMR
   -

   immuno-oncology: cell culture models, fluorescence activated cell sorting
   -

   traditional protein engineering: directed evolution, library
   construction, yeast and/or phage display
   -

   computational biology: machine learning, data science, molecular
   dynamics and/or modeling

If you are excited to join a team of protein designers working to tackle
audacious projects aimed directly at improving human health, please send
your CV to: chris.bahl at proteininnovation.org

About IPI

The Institute for Protein Innovation is a non-profit organization that is
advancing protein science to accelerate research and improve human health. The
Institute is located at Harvard Medical School. IPI uniquely combines the
freedom of academic exploration with the high-throughput scaling of
industry to take on transformative protein-based initiatives that no other
laboratory or organization can or will pursue. IPI is deploying
state-of-the-art technologies to build a repository of powerful protein
tools and reagents and share them through licensing and collaboration.
These will enable new biomedical and therapeutic discovery for researchers
in academia and industry alike. This constellation of vanguard technology
and expertise positions IPI to train the next generation of entrepreneurs
and protein scientists to lead the discovery of new medicines.

The IPI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based
on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
national origin/ancestry, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or
veteran status, etc. Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are
especially encouraged to apply.

--

PLEASE NOTE: This message, including any attachments, may include
privileged, confidential and/or inside information belonging to IPI. Any