[phenixbb] The 5'end guanosine triphosphate is not linked to the rest of RNA model by Phenix refine

Nigel Moriarty nwmoriarty at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 7 13:38:36 PDT 2020

Zixian Li

Some things that immediately require comment.

1. Coot is a separate tool from Phenix and it therefore does not know the
things that phenix.refine knows. It does not use the automatic linking or
restraints that Phenix uses. You need to supply the restraints that you
want Coot to use. Unfortunately, it does not read the params files that
Phenix uses. It relies on its internal coding to decide what is linked and
what is not. Also
http://phenix-online.org/newsletter/CCN_2016_01.pdf#page=10

2. Using the same data_link name "p" is not necessary so I would avoid it.

3. The only surefire way to know if a link has occurred in the refinement
is to look in the .geo file. You may have some info in the log file also.

Having said that, I'm happy to look into the problem if it persists and you
send me the files.

Cheers

Nigel

---
Nigel W. Moriarty
Building 33R0349, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720-8235
Phone : 510-486-5709     Email : NWMoriarty at LBL.gov
Fax   : 510-486-5909       Web  : CCI.LBL.gov