[phenixbb] iNEXT-Discovery: Access to facilities for structural biology research

a.perrakis at nki.nl a.perrakis at nki.nl
Thu Apr 16 02:19:13 PDT 2020

Dear all,

While being in turbulent times, iNEXT-Discovery, the EC Horizon-2020 project offering access to facilities for structural biology (EM, NMR, X-rays and macromolecular biophysics), has officially started its operations. iNEXT-Discovery encourages applications for structural biology projects for ‘translational research projects’ in the areas of biomedicine, biotechnology, biomaterials and in the food sector, in particular from non-experts and for researchers from academia and industry.

We are now happy to announce to the wider research community our new website with details about the project and where applications for access to the participating facilities can be submitted:

https://inext-discovery.eu<https://inext-discovery.eu/>

Regardless of current corona-measures external researchers are more than welcome to apply for access and we expect reviewing of incoming proposals to proceed as normal. However, please keep in mind that most facilities are currently not operational, and it is uncertain when they will open again to deliver access and to receive visitors. We will not be able to give a detailed overview about the status of all facilities, as the situation is changing almost daily.

Having accepted applications in our access pipelines will help both our scheduling and yours. Our facilities can arrange experiments for approved user projects to be executed immediately after local policies allow.

Please note that applications addressing SARS-CoV-2 or Covid-19 and mentioning this in the title will be funneled towards rapid review. Operational facilities will prioritize such projects if they can be accommodated.

On behalf of the iNEXT-Discovery team,

Hans Wienk (Project Manager) - email h.wienk.AT.nki.nl<http://h.wienk.at.nki.nl/> for questions about access
Anastassis Perrakis (Coordinator)