[phenixbb] Real space refine of long side chains

Leonid Sazanov sazanov at ist.ac.at
Tue Nov 26 03:55:27 PST 2019

Hi,

We have addressed exactly this problem by writing a script, in which
B-factors are refined first and only then real-space refinement happens.

This allows disordered side-chains to acquire high B-factors and so they
are not pulled into backbone anymore.

This cycle is repeated twice to achieve convergence.

Parameters for B-factor refinement (ADP restrains) were optimized to
account for consistent lack of density for acidic side chains in cryoEM.

It is described in: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31492636

If needed, I can send a script.

Best

Leonid