[phenixbb] Map Segmantation

Tom Terwilliger tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Thu Mar 21 18:36:03 PDT 2019

Hi Yangqi,
You can use phenix.map_box with the extract_unique=true option and
supplying the helical symmetry to get the unique part of the map.  Let me
know if that doesn't do it for you!
All the best,
Tom T

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 2:24 PM Yangqi Gu <yangqi.gu at yale.edu> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I have a naive question about segmentation. I have a low resolution map of
> a filament (~20 A) and I know the helical symmetry. I have monomer sequence
> but no structure. I am wondering if I could segment the filament and obtain
> the monomer density? Does segment_and_split_map work on the low
> resolution case?
> Best,
> Yangqi
>
> --
>
> Yangqi Gu
> Graduate Student
> Malvankar Lab
> Yale University, West Campus

Thomas C Terwilliger
Laboratory Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Senior Scientist, New Mexico Consortium
100 Entrada Dr, Los Alamos, NM 87544
Email: tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Tel: 505-431-0033