[phenixbb] Are TLS parameters applied when TLS refinement is OFF?

Mark Saper saper at umich.edu
Mon Mar 4 13:01:11 PST 2019

I have a structure where at one stage TLS parameters were determined and then refined.  It caused the R-free to increase so I stopped refining the TLS parameters.  Are the TLS parameters still applied to the structure on subsequent refinement runs even when the TLS refinement is off?

Is it appropriate to refine anisotropic B’s for a high resolution (1.35 Å) structure AND apply TLS parameters?

Thanks,
Mark
Mark A. Saper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry, U-M Medical School
Room 3220B, MSRB III   saper at umich.edu   +1 (734) 764-3353 mobile: (734) 276-6505