[phenixbb] ISOLDE 1.0b3 release

Tristan Croll tic20 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 17 08:31:02 PDT 2019

Dear structural biology community members,

I am happy to announce that ISOLDE 1.0b3 is now live and available for
installation via the ChimeraX Tool Shed. To get it, just download,
install and run the ChimeraX 0.9 release version from
http://preview.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimerax/download.html#release, then go to
Tools/More tools… and find ISOLDE in the web page that appears.

If you’re unfamiliar with what ISOLDE is about, in brief it’s an
interactive model-building environment specifically tailored for the
challenges encountered in fitting low-medium resolution maps. Find out
more at https://isolde.cimr.cam.ac.uk.

Best regards,

Tristan

What’s new in 1.0b3:

- parallelised structure factor calculations (courtesy of ISOLDE’s
sister plugin, ChimeraX_Clipper).
- support for a wider range of chemical space (glycosylations courtesy
of GLYCAM and various other post-translational modifications, and
~13,000 of the more common ligands in the wwPDB thanks to the work of
Nigel Moriarty and David Case)
- adaptive distance restraints (for reference model restraints and/or
large-scale interactive flexible fitting – see
https://isolde.cimr.cam.ac.uk/features-main/interactive-restraints/).
- ability to fetch model and structure factors (as F/sigF, I/sigI or
anomalous equivalents) straight from the wwPDB
- interactive tutorials (run the command “isolde tut” on the ChimeraX
command line)
- various general usability and performance improvements.