[phenixbb] ISOLDE 1.0b2 release

Tristan Croll tic20 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 24 12:28:20 PST 2019

Hi all,

As is inevitable with any new software, I've received reports of
installation problems. For those affected, please accept my apologies.
Known issues and their resolution are below - if you run into any
others, please do let me know.

- Users of RedHat/CentOS 7 will have encountered an error something like
the following:
ImportError: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found
(required by
/home/tic20/.local/share/ChimeraX/0.8/site-packages/chimerax/clipper/clipper_python.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

I've uploaded an updated, RedHat 7-compatible build of ChimeraX-Clipper.
Please do try reinstalling now.

- If you encounter a UnicodeDecode error on installation of ISOLDE
and/or a KeyError: "ChimeraX_Clipper" on starting ChimeraX, these are
issues with the ChimeraX 0.8 release itself. Please see
https://isolde.cimr.cam.ac.uk/faq/#installation on how to rectify them.

Best regards,

Tristan