[phenixbb] MRage & hhr

Randy Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Apr 13 04:13:13 PDT 2019

Dear Karolina,

I’ve just run a test with the current stable release and a fresh hhr file from HHpred, and it seems to be working for me.  (On the other hand, the option to query the HHpred server from within the GUI seems to be broken; I think the site at the MPI has been reorganised since this was written, so we’ll have to look at that.)

There was a brief period when, if you clicked the “HHR file” button, the file was saved without the .hhr extension, though that has since been fixed.  If I use a file without the extension, then indeed MRage pops up an error saying “Unknown homology search file”.  Could that be the problem you’re facing?

If not, would it be possible for you to share (off-list) the files needed to reproduce the problem?

Thanks for reporting it!

Best wishes,

Randy Read

-----
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research     Tel: +44 1223 336500
The Keith Peters Building                               Fax: +44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                                       E-mail: rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                              www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk