[phenixbb] CryoFit run failure

Kim, Doo Nam doonam at lanl.gov
Thu Apr 11 08:54:18 PDT 2019

Hello Joseph,

Sorry for late reply, your email was not in my inbox.

I just changed my setting so that email to phenixbb at phenix-online.org will come to my inbox directly.

Thank you for sharing your input file. I just ran your input pdb file, it appears that "SO4, "CD" are not in amber03 forcefield.

I just added my comments like this

Solution if these residue/atoms are important: Fix wrong names of atoms/residues. Running real_space_refine via phenix GUI will show which atoms need to be removed/fixed

If gromacs amber03 force field doesn't have parameters for these residue/atoms, you may need to add parameters.

It is rather a sad fact that most MD simulation force fields do not support all kinds of rare residue/atoms.

cryo_fit2 is under development to address this issue using phenix.eLBOW

Solution if these residue/atoms are not important:

Remove these \"wrong\" atoms/residues from user's input pdb file. Run cryo_fit again

Solution if your user's pdb file is big:
Probably cryo_fit will change conformation just minimally, I would extract out these \"wrong\" atoms/residues from user's input pdb file, then add these extracted lines to cryo_fitted file

If you do
git pull
at your <phenix>/modules/cryo_fit
and run again, you will see results at least to the final stage (that I can't run because of lack of map).

best regards,
Doonam