[phenixbb] Ligand occupancy and conformational change

Edward A. Berry BerryE at upstate.edu
Tue Jul 24 08:25:58 PDT 2018

You can make very general alternate conformations with the "constrained_group" construction.
Say the loop is N12:14 and ligand is R221 present only in A conformation. You can also add waters
to either conformation. The following is for running from .eff script, but I expect it is available from the Gui. There is a detailed description of handling alt conf in one of the newsletters.

   refine {
     occupancies {
       constrained_group {
         selection = ((chain N and resseq 12:14) or (chain R and resid 221)) \
                     and altloc A
         selection = (chain N and resseq 12:14) and altloc B
       }

}}