[phenixbb] Deadline reminder: XChem fragment screening at Diamond (and iNEXT) - SUNDAY 1st OCTOBER

Frank von Delft frank.vondelft at sgc.ox.ac.uk
Sat Sep 23 02:14:27 PDT 2017

Dear Protein Crystallographers and Drug Discoverers

A reminder that we are again inviting proposals for performing
crystal-based fragment screening at Diamond's XChem facility at beamline
I04-1, for the next allocation period (April 2018 to Sept 2018).

    *The deadline for proposals is NEXT SUNDAY 1st OCTOBER 5PM.*

    *Details of how to submit at this page
    <http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Beamlines/Mx/Fragment-Screening/Applying-for-Fragment-Screening.html>.

    *

Full details of the facility are available here
<http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Beamlines/Mx/Fragment-Screening.html>.  It
supports the full crystal-to-structure experiment, and since opening for
users in 2015, it has hosted over 50 users from academia and industry,
with over 65 experiments (>50k crystals) consistently yielding credible,
high quality fragment hits.  With the right crystals, it'll keep you
busy for less than a few weeks; and you get lots of support and advice.

The calls are heavily oversubscribed, so please pay close attention to
the instructions and guidelines.

Access for EU users is funded via iNEXT <http://www.inext-eu.org/> (but
only if you follow the instructions!);  however we welcome all
international proposals.

--
Prof Frank von Delft
Associate Professor

Principal Beamline Scientist: I04-1
Diamond Light Source
+44 1235 778997

Principal Investigator: Protein Crystallography
Structural Genomics Consortium
Oxford University
+44 1865 617583

Visiting Professor