[phenixbb] SHELX sites to use in Phenix.

Mahmudul Hasan mahmudbt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 07:44:30 PDT 2017

Dear All,
I am trying to solve a structure using Phenix with very low anomalous
signal. After several trials it seems like the signal from Manganese is not
enough to solve this protein structure. Reading information that SHELX is
good in finding sites from low molecular weight molecules (e.g. S, etc.), I
tried the online version of SHELX in CCP4 to find the sites. Now I would
like use these sites found by SHELX to see if that help to solve the
structure.

My question is, what is the best way to include extra sites besides the
program Autosol find itself? Your valuable suggestions will help me a lot
to get going with my structure solution effort.

Best wishes,
Mahmudul
Lund
Sweden