[phenixbb] clashscore

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Nov 27 12:08:56 PST 2017

Hi Pan,

first off I suggest to inspect top worst clashes and see if they can be
addressed. If that does not help, then try running several refinement
runs each one using "nonbonded_weight" set to say 1000 (the default
value), 5000, 10000, 25000, 50000. See how that changes the clashscore
and model-to-map fit.

I would appreciate if you tell us what you find.

If you are using the command line then it is

phenix.real_space_refine model.pdb map.ccp4 resolution=3.1
nonbonded_weight=10000

In the GUI:
Refinement Settings -> All parameters -> Search parameters : type into
prompt nonbonded_weight, then OK -> In pop up prompt change 1000 to a
desired value.

Pavel