[phenixbb] crystal imaging system

Chris Waddling waddling at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Jun 30 07:55:31 PDT 2017

We had the Tritek CrystalPro and now have two Formulatrix RI-1000s. We're very happy with what we have now, and though I don't know what improvements Tritek has made since the version we owned, at the time we found their software clunky, imaging not the best or most consistent, and automation challenging. It took a great deal of time to make it work marginally.

The formulatrix systems on the other hand have been robust and their support excellent (we pay for annual software support but let the hardware support go). They're easy to run and maintain.

Chris

Dr Christopher A Waddling
Crystallography Facility Manager
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
University of California, San Francisco
Genentech Hall, Box 2140
600 16th St., S126C
San Francisco, CA