[phenixbb] Very low rmsd bond length

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 25 18:20:19 PDT 2017

Mark,

weight optimization searches for refinement strategy that results in
smallest Rfree, yet acceptable other metrics, such as Rfree-Rwork gap or
geometry measures, etc. Bond length RMSD that you got are likely what
data wanted. After all, can you really distinguish a difference of 1/10
of an Angstrom or smaller in 2.8A resolution map? So the smaller RMSDs
the less your model overfits the data. I'd say "very low" is probably
not "vary bad" at this resolution.

Pavel