[phenixbb] Phenix.refine ignores ligand planarity restraint

Nigel Moriarty nwmoriarty at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 28 11:41:16 PST 2017

Maike

One more word of advice. Try to provide eLBOW with as much information as
possible. Your restraints file showed that you had used a PDB file input
without, I assume, hydrogens. A SMILES string is a better choice as it has
a higher chemical information content.

BTW, Phil Jeffrey is correct that zero esd turns off the restraint. Also,
making the esd too small is also not advisable. For example, a plane esd of
0.02 is fine, but 0.002 may be too small. As a rule of thumb, don't make
the esd more than 10x smaller than the default.

Cheers

Nigel

---
Nigel W. Moriarty
Building 33R0349, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720-8235
Phone : 510-486-5709     Email : NWMoriarty at LBL.gov
Fax   : 510-486-5909       Web  : CCI.LBL.gov