[phenixbb] Opening phenix X-ray/neutron maps in Coot without the Phenix GUI

Derek Logan derek.logan at biochemistry.lu.se
Tue Aug 15 04:52:19 PDT 2017

Hi ccp4bb and phenixbb,

Is there a convenient way to open MTZ files in Coot that are the result of joint X-ray/neutron refinement in phenix.refine, but where phenix.refine was run in command-line mode? I would like achieve what is done in the Phenix GUI at the click of a button, i.e. open Coot with the structure and 2Fo-Fc and Fo-Fc maps for both neutron and X-ray. At the moment I have to open each MTZ file four times in the Coot GUI, once for each type of map. Is there a script buried somewhere in the Phenix installation that can be modified?

/Derek
Derek Logan                                         tel: +46 46 222 1443
Associate Professor                                 mob: +46 76 8585 707
Dept. of Biochemistry and Structural Biology              www.cmps.lu.se<http://www.cmps.lu.se>
Centre for Molecular Protein Science                      bit.ly/2d0HxmS
Lund University, Box 124, 221 00 Lund, Sweden