[phenixbb] Appplying symmetry to a Cryo-EM map in phenix map_to _model

Terwilliger, Thomas Charles terwilliger at lanl.gov
Fri Aug 11 07:12:15 PDT 2017

?Hi Joshua,

If you have a model from the PDB and you want to put it into your cryo-EM map, then you will need to first use either molecular replacement, real space automated fitting or real-space manual fitting (such as in Coot) to put your molecule in the right place.   Then you can use phenix.real_space_refine to refine the model.

You can also use phenix.map_to_model, but that works in a different way.  It tries to build your model from scratch (without reference to a known structure).

All the best,

Tom T