[phenixbb] mrc to mtz conversion to open map in coot

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 3 12:57:20 PDT 2017

Auto-open-MTZ is to load MTZ file assuming it contains Fourier map
coefficients with labels that Coot recognizes automatically as
appropriate map coefficients. In case of other labels (such as you get
from phenix.map_to_structure_factors) you need to use "Open MTZ,.." and
then specify what array you want to load.

Now it helps to understand that mrc file contains actual real-space map,
not Fourier map coefficients. To load that map into Coot you need to use
"Open map".

Pavel