[phenixbb] Failed to refine B factors of some residues and ligands

Christian Roth christianroth034 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 11:06:32 PDT 2016

Hi Phenix Team,

regarding that ligand issue in this thread, we observed the same with a
ligand in one of our structures now. After refinement the ligand is
surrounded by pos diff density and the B-Factors are around 200 (way
above any useful range in that case).

The cif was generated using elbow and phenix runs with options Real
space refinement, TLS on, individual B, and optimizing weights. Nothing
crazy.

Could you find a solution for the previous case and give us some tips?

Cheers

Christian