[phenixbb] ensemble refinement crash.

R.M. Garavito garavito at msu.edu
Tue Nov 22 06:24:00 PST 2016

Rajendra,

Any errors reported from the crashes?  You might check your memory usage.  I had crashes with ensemble refinement using phenix-1.10 (and later versions) during the ensemble reducer stage.  While the memory usage is quite stable during the MD phase, during the ensemble reducer stage, memory usage increases quite a bit, sometime by 2X.  It will get up to 12-16 GB active memory (not including swap space) with a 2x360 residue asymmetric unit.  If you are using the computer for something else with higher priority, it may cause problems.  I just bought more memory (24-32 GB) and that solved the problem.

Cheers,

Michael

R. Michael Garavito, Ph.D.
Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
603 Wilson Rd., Rm. 513
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1319
Office:  (517) 355-9724     Lab:  (517) 353-9125
FAX:  (517) 353-9334        Email:  garavito at msu.edu