[phenixbb] Why can't I use bootstrap.py in cctbx to compile phenix?

Taimin Yang taiminyang at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:20:52 PST 2016

Dear Professor,

My name is Taimin Yang and I am a PhD student in Stockholm University. I
try to compile my own phenix using bootstrap.py but here is the error
information:
root at Linux-main:/usr/local/crystallography_software/phenix# python
bootstrap.py --builder=phenix --with-python=/usr/local/anaconda2/bin/python
hot update build
Performing actions: hot update build
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bootstrap.py", line 2034, in <module>
    run()
  File "bootstrap.py", line 2029, in run
    enable_shared=options.enable_shared,
  File "bootstrap.py", line 926, in __init__
    map(self.add_module, self.get_codebases())
  File "bootstrap.py", line 1051, in add_module
    action = MODULES.get_module(module)().get_url(auth=self.get_auth())
  File "bootstrap.py", line 553, in get_url
    raise Exception('No anonymous access method defined for module: %s. Try
with --%s'%(self.module, e.args[0]))
Exception: No anonymous access method defined for module: chem_data. Try
with --cciuser

What should I do to compile my own phenix?
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Taimin