[phenixbb] Selenocysteine

rspencer rspencer at uci.edu
Wed Mar 30 07:47:16 PDT 2016

Hi,

A lot of the monomers are available in Coot and there are a couple different
ways to access them for either integrating into a structure or generating a
monomer pdb file to do some further minimizations and cif generation using
elbow.

In Coot - To change a residue in a protein structure, select the residue of
interest and then 'Extensions' -> 'Modeling' -> 'Replace residue' . In the
window that pops up type OCS. This will automatically change whatever
residue you selected to OCS.

To see/generate just the residue go to 'File' -> 'Search Monomer Library'
and enter CYSTEINESULFONIC ACID. This should return the OCS monomer. You can
then save that monomer as a pdb and generate a cif using elbow if the cif
file isn't already part of the phenix library.

Hope that helps.

Ryan

--

Ryan K. Spencer, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Researcher

Hochbaum Laboratory

Chemical Engineering & Material Sciences

University of California, Irvine