[phenixbb] iNEXT / X-rays (and more) notes
a.perrakis at nki.nl
Thu Mar 24 04:51:59 PDT 2016
I want to bring to everybody’s attention a few things about iNEXT Synchrotron Access proposals, as they seem to surface up often.
- “BAG” proposals are possible, but only when under a common translational scientific theme; not simply based on lab proximity.
- iNEXT funds complete projects, both beam time and travel; arguing that "we have beamtime, just give us travel money” will likely get your proposal rejected.
- Please be clear to state that you have crystals and/or justify what the SAXS experiments are answering.
Please keep in mind a specific difference from past schemes: you do not need to submit a separate proposal to the synchrotron site to get beam time!
A successful iNEXT application will be received by the site(s) you apply for, and only safety data will be requested and
a technical review will be done based on the existing application.
We are looking forward receiving your applications for high-end synchrotron data collection, but also for :
1. Structural Audit (including crystallisation trials and SAXS: please advertise to your biochemistry colleagues!)
2. Macromolecular Interactions (Biophysics for quantitative characterising)
3. Cryo-EM sample optimisation (if you have negative stain images)
4. High-end NMR data collection
5. High-resolution EM (if you have good cryo conditions, and also for tomography and CLEM)
… and more modalities to come soon!
On behalf of the iNEXT team,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the phenixbb