[phenixbb] Set up phenix and rosetta for phenix.rosetta_refine

Yonglin Hu yonglinhu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 22:41:47 PDT 2016

Hello List,

I would like to perform phenix.rosetta_refine on a structure.  I
understand that to use this program, I need to set up phenix and rosetta
installations separated from those used in MR_Rosetta. I installed the
most recent phenix and rosetta and followed the online documents, but
when I tried to run "rosetta.build_phenix_interface", the program failed
immediately with the following error messages:

False
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Running versioning script ... fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the
parent directories): .git
Done. (0.0 seconds)
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
ImportError: No module named site
CalledProcessError: Command '['./update_options.sh']' returned non-zero
exit status 1:
   File "/usr/local/rosetta-refine/rosetta/main/source/SConstruct", line
172:
     main()
   File "/usr/local/rosetta-refine/rosetta/main/source/SConstruct", line
163:
     SConscript("SConscript", "build")
   File
"/usr/local/rosetta-refine/rosetta/main/source/external/scons-local/scons-local-2.0.1/SCons/Script/SConscript.py",
line 614:
     return method(*args, **kw)
   File
"/usr/local/rosetta-refine/rosetta/main/source/external/scons-local/scons-local-2.0.1/SCons/Script/SConscript.py",
line 551:
     return _SConscript(self.fs, *files, **subst_kw)
   File
"/usr/local/rosetta-refine/rosetta/main/source/external/scons-local/scons-local-2.0.1/SCons/Script/SConscript.py",
line 260:
     exec _file_ in call_stack[-1].globals
   File "/usr/local/rosetta-refine/rosetta/main/source/SConscript", line 28:
     subprocess.check_call(["./update_options.sh"])
   File
"/usr/local/rosetta-refine/phenix-dev-2328/base/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py",
line 540:
     raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)

These messages are not very informative and I don't know what to do next.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yonglin Hu