[phenixbb] Question about restrain of a nonstandard peptide

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 5 18:33:03 PDT 2016

Hi Yufan,

I suggest you generate CIF for each individual non-standard item in your
PDB file first. If you are using recent Phenix it should link them
together automatically (link_ligands=True is responsible for this, and
it is the default).

Make sure it linked them all correct. It relies on input model geometry,
so if geometry is suboptimal it may not link them correctly.

Alternatively, you can use custom bond restraints that allow you to link
any pair of atoms, any number of pairs:

http://phenix-online.org/documentation/reference/refinement.html#definition-of-custom-bonds-and-angles

You can compose a file like shown in above link and give it to
phenix.refine GUI or command line, whatever you use.

LINK records are not recognized and used by phenix.refine.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

Pavel