[phenixbb] Additional conformations and partially occupied waters

Helena Taberman helena.taberman at uef.fi
Wed Jan 13 23:59:26 PST 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. It’s still not working. I use the phenix gui version and if I set, for example,

chain A and resid 249
chain A and resid 252
chain S and resid 1702

as a constrained group at the occupancy refinement selections (the two residues have 2 conformations both and the water is there just if the conformation of residue 252 is B) the refinement just makes the residues a constrained group alone making even their main chain occ. something like 0.49 as for the both of the side chains too. And it also kicks them a bit out of their densities. So how to continue? What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Helena