[phenixbb] Generate sequence files of homodimer protein or double strand DNA for phaser MR

Randy Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 11:40:09 PST 2016

Dear Alex,

For Phaser, it doesn’t matter whether your sequences of a particular type are in one or more files.  You can’t mix protein and nucleic acid sequences, but you can concatenate several chains of either protein or nucleic acid in one file.  The reason is that Phaser is only using this information to determine the overall composition of the asymmetric unit of your crystal; it is not relating the sequences you provide to the models.

If you have a sequence file for one chain and you know you should have two, then you can provide that sequence file and simply say that there are two copies in the GUI (or in command-line scripts or Python scripts, if you prefer).

I hope that helps!

Randy Read
-----
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research    Tel: +44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                         Fax: +44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                                            E-mail: rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                               www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk