[phenixbb] Fwd: Alternative method to Phenix_mr_rosetta

Henry Fang hfang3 at central.uh.edu
Thu Feb 18 18:53:06 PST 2016

Hi All,

Our group is working on an ab initial density modification method to solve
the phase problem.

Last year, I applied the methods to the cases with a initial template which
has already been correctly placed in the unit cell.

I tried several cases in the Terwilliger, T. C., et al. (2012).
"phenix.mr_rosetta: molecular replacement and model rebuilding with Phenix
and Rosetta". Starting from the templates provided in the
http://www.phenix-online.org/phenix_data/terwilliger/rosetta_2011/  I can
get a initial density map, then apply our method to reduce the phase
difference to around 50° in the highest experiment data resolution.

Now, I might want to try more blind cases with our methods. If we can solve
more structures, that would be more convincing.

Do you have some suggestions? Where could I find some more unsolved
structures? I might need structures with placed template and high solvent
content (at least above 50%).

Thanks,
Henry