[phenixbb] Using phenix.real_space_refine with mmcif model?

Oliver Clarke olibclarke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:07:53 PST 2016

Hello,
Is it possible to use phenix.real_space_refine with mmcif input?

When I attempt to run as "phenix.real_space_refine model.mmcif map.mrc" or
"phenix.real_space_refine model.cif map.mrc" I get the error "Sorry: PDB
file is needed", and looking at the documentation I cannot see how to
explicitly specify the model (there is not "model" keyword or similar).

Anybody have a way around this? Or is there a keyword I am missing?
phenix.refine generally works fine with mmcif, but maybe real_space_refine
has not been configured to do so yet? Would be helpful for large structures
which break the regular pdb format if so.

Cheers,
Oli