[phenixbb] Refine pixel size of map (for EM data)?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 8 08:07:33 PST 2016

Hi Reza,

geometry of refined model may be severely distorted if your target map
on a wrong scale (magnification).

Some relevant reading:

1)
Automatic estimation and correction of anisotropic
magnification,distortion in electron microscopes,Timothy Grant, Nikolaus
Grigorieff
Journal of Structural Biology 192 (2015) 204–208

2)
Electron cryomicroscopy observation of rotational states in a eukaryotic
V-ATPase,
Jianhua Zhao, Samir Benlekbir & John L. Rubinstein
Nature 521, 241–245 (14 May 2015)

3)
Description and comparison of algorithms for correcting anisotropic
magnification in cryo-EM images.
Jianhua Zhao, Marcus A. Brubaker, Samir Benlekbir, John L. Rubinstein

Pavel