[phenixbb] Failed to refine B factors of some residues and ligands

Dorothee Liebschner dcliebschner at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 31 09:29:32 PDT 2016

Hi Tongqin,

It is a bit difficult to diagnose with the information you provided. Could
you please answer the following questions?

- Did you also try to reset the B-factors to similar values than
neighboring atoms?
F.ex. the average B-factor in the model could be 50 A**2, but in the ligand
region, it could be lower, let's say 20 A**2. Then the starting value using
average B is quite far from the likely B-factor of the ligand.

- What refinement strategy do you apply? How many macro-cycles? Do you use
any non-default parameters for B-factor refinement?

- Which Phenix version are you using?

Best wishes,

Dorothee