[phenixbb] About the phenix.mtz_as_cif

Oleg Sobolev osobolev at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 25 14:34:20 PDT 2016

Dear Huawang,

The tool will automatically recognize most of the labels from Phenix and
CCP4
and convert them to appropriate labels for mmCIF format. If some labels are
not recognized,
or another mmCIF labels are needed for them, one may use mtz_labels and
cif_labels parameters to provide pairs of mtz and cif labels. Note that
provided
cif_labels must comply with mmCIF format. Number of mtz_labels should be
equal
to number of cif_labels.

In command-line, for example:
phenix.mtz_as_cif data.mtz output_file=custom.cif mtz_labels="FOBS SIGFOBS"
      cif_labels="_refln.custom1 _refln.custom2"
Or you can put these instructions in .eff file.
Basically, mtz_labels and cif_labels are just white-space separated lists.
In this example FOBS will become _refln.custom1 and SIGFOBS will become
_refln.custom2.

To find out what labels you have in mtz file you may use phenix.mtz.dump
utility.

Also note, that this functionality is available in GUI: Utilities-> Convert
MTZ to mmCIF.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Oleg Sobolev.