[phenixbb] Meaning of "resolution" keyword for phenix.real_space_refine with mrc/ccp4 map input?

Oliver Clarke olibclarke at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:59:38 PDT 2016

Hi,

What exactly does phenix.real_space_refine do with the mandatory
"resolution=" keyword when refining a model against a ccp4/mrc formatted
map?

Is this purely for adjusting restraints etc, or does phenix internally
low-pass filter or resample the map based on this parameter?

This seems like a basic question, so I apologize if the answer is staring
me in the face, but I couldn't see it in the online documentation or in the
output of phenix.real_space_refine --help.

Cheers
Oliver.