[phenixbb] Weird large continuous positive density blob

Alex Lee alexlee198609 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:52:32 PDT 2016

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Yes, it's better to leave this density blob alone. I tried: 1. put buffer
molecule (Bis-Tris; P400); 2. put helix;  3. put a short peptides
corresponding a region of the C-terminal. Unfortunately, these tries did
not make the density disappear (sometimes the density partly disappear but
still significantly portion of it surround the model I put in), neither did
it improve R free.   So now I feel maybe it's safe just to leave it alone
and explain that even though I have 3 copies of molecule in A.S.U, two
copies has density for C terminal residue 72-89 but one copy does not have
the density for that part.