[phenixbb] why does "phenix generate table 1 for journal" plot stats different from those of XSCALE for example?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun Sep 20 22:35:34 PDT 2015

Hi Almudena,

the shell being not the same is the likeliest reason, indeed! "High
resolution shell" doesn't make much sense unless you specify the
resolution boundaries that define it (especially when it comes to
comparisons!). Different programs may define it differently resulting in
different numbers for completeness and other metrics. Even within
phenix.refine output you will encounter at least two different definitions.

Pavel