[phenixbb] how to generate an isomorphous difference map

Tim Gruene tg at shelx.uni-ac.gwdg.de
Tue May 12 06:24:10 PDT 2015

Dear crystallogrphy,

you can open the PDB file with Coot, then use File -> Open MTZ to read one
mtz-file after the other into Coot. Coot will offer to generate the map
coefficients from the previously loaded PDB file.

Once you have both maps, you can go to Extensions -> Maps -> Make a Difference
Map to create the difference map.

In order to see both positive and negative density, you choose Extensions ->
Maps -> Set Map is a Difference Map.

Regards,
Tim