[phenixbb] Molecular replacement at low resolution

mohamed noor mohamed.noor34 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 14:04:34 PDT 2015

Dear all

After some fiddling with different software, I managed to get a solution
from BALBES in CCP4.

As some suggested, self-rotation indicated only 4 NCS copies in the asu and
not 8 based on Matthew's coefficient calculation. In hindsight, the
resulting 75 % solvent content could be the cause for the rather poor
diffraction.

By using MR Rosetta with the BALBES model, I have something better (R of
32/37 % without adding all the heme ligands yet and some missing atoms not
built by AutoBuild).

A request to Phenix developers: When I clicked the Run phenix.refine and
Validation buttons in the GUI, it loaded the file overall_best_one.pdb into
the GUI which has only one chain. I only noticed this when looking at the
50 % R factor compared to the MR Rosetta log file.

Thanks again.

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Gino Cingolani <Gino.Cingolani at jefferson.edu