[phenixbb] Group B factor refinement not working for low resolution data

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 11 22:35:38 PDT 2015

Hello Xiang,

short answer: try refining with all defaults plus weight optimization.
If that does not go well please send me data and model files and I will
do my best to make it work.

Longer answer: the way B-factor restraints are implemented in
phenix.refine (that you can learn about in corresponding paper) allows
refining individual Bs at any resolution. So this is why this is the
first choice to try. If that does not work it's best to a) let us know
and b) try group B refinement.

Pavel